- Designtree Ltd
Founded in biomimicry, the Nectar lampshade uses the beehive as inspiration to craft lightweight strong shapes from waste material. Created from felted recycled acoustic fabric, the Nectar Lampshade provides either a soft ambient light (Full Nectar), or a more direct light source (Half Nectar).
Premiered in Milan in 2011, the Nectar lampshade has gained international recognition as a product that (in the words of the 2012 Australian International Furniture Fair judges), “does not look like an eco product yet displays deep green thinking, … a product that is emotional, a tribute to nature and makes post industrial waste attractive.”
Made from 100% PET with steel ring. Colours available are light grey, dark grey, orange and mustard.
Half shade 260mmH x 360mmW x 360mmL
Half shade large 520mmH x 720mmW x 720mmL
Full shade 690mmH x 360mmW x 360mmL
- Excellent acoustic properties.
- UV stabilised to resist colour fading.
- Non-toxic, non-allergenic, highly durable and easy to clean.
- Can come as a flat packed kitset.
- Designed for longevity, repair, refurbishment, disassembly and easy recycling.
- All parts tightly nested together during production to minimise waste.
- All off-cuts from the production process recycled by the manufacturer into new material.
Request more information
For brochures, pricing, samples, technical specs and more, contact the supplier directly or use the form below.
- Acoustic Design
- Designed for disassembly
- Emits low VOCs
- Led Lamps
- Light Kits
- Locally made
- Packaging is reduced
- Post-consumer recycled content
- Post-industrial recycled content
- Production waste is recyclable
- Recycled Steel
- Uv Lamps
Designtree creates innovative, beautifully crafted furniture and lighting. We shape beautiful experiences through well-made objects.Learn more