Uni-Pier piering system
- Uni-Pier Australia Pty Ltd
Uni-Pier is a smart but simple piering system designed to replace brick piers and concrete or timber stumps that in the past have been traditionally used as sub-floor supports.
Uni-Pier is a two part system, each being prefabricated and comprising:
- a “head” that has a built-in ant cap and a cleat for securing either timber or steel bearers, and
- a square tubular steel (SHS) post to which is welded a base plate that is anchored to a concrete footing or pad.
The final stage of the manufacturing process is hot dip galvanising of the units for life-long durability, making them suitable to be used in coastal environments.
When assembled, the piers are adjustable to the desired height, so eliminating inaccuracies that are often evident in concrete footings or pads.
Once positioned and the height determined, the Uni-Pier's head and post are normally secured with a number of 14-20x22 to AS 3566 Class 4 self drilling and tapping screws in accordance the design requirement.
- Uni-Piers are non-combustible and will not rot, warp, shrink or harbour termites.
- Uni-Piers are designed to suit any normal domestic floor design and are able to support most roof and wall loads in all wind areas and are suitable for up to 5 m fall in terrain.
- Uni-Piers comply with BCA and relevant Australian Building codes.