What is it?
A heavy-duty but lightweight structural flooring used for tile, vinyl and carpet finishes over timber or steel floor joists in both residential and commercial applications.
Where do you use it?
As a substrate for direct fixing of tiles, vinyl and carpet in floors and wet areas, as an alternative to particle board, plywood or compressed fibre cement.
What are the key benefits?
- Tongue and grooved which delivers an engineered joint, eliminates the need for timber trimmers under these joints, and is compatible with other flooring products of the same thickness.
- The moisture-resistant sealer removes the need for full floor waterproofing outside enclosed shower areas.
- Unlike some timber products, tiles and vinyl can be directly fixed without the need for an underlay sheet.
- Resistant to damage from moisture, so if rain holds you up during construction and the roof’s not yet on, the product won’t need replacing or sanding because its warped and twisted. Exposure to the elements should not be longer than three months.
- Provides a strong, no-squeak feel which gives a solid impression without the weight and cost of concrete.
- Can be gun-nailed and is easy to cut like timber.