What is it?
An external structural flooring substrate for tile finishes over timber or lightweight steel floor joists.
Where do you use it?
As an external substrate for tiled residential balconies and decks as an alternative to particle board, plywood or compressed fibre cement.
What are the key benefits?
- Secura™ exterior flooring is sealed on all sides with an advanced polymer coating that helps protect the board from moisture-related problems.
- Continuous mesh reinforcement on the underside of the board enhances the heavy-duty performance of Scyon™.
- Up to 40% faster to install than conventional compressed fibre cement sheet as it is about 24% lower in density than compressed fibre cement, making it lighter, and easier to handle and install, without compromising heavy-duty performance.
- No need for pre-drilling and screwing, because it can be gun nailed and is easy to cut like timber.
- Tongue and grooved, which delivers engineered joints and eliminates the need for timber trimmers under these joints.
- No additional waterproofing membrane is needed once Secura™ exterior flooring is installed for balconies that aren’t over habitable rooms. A priming coat is recommended to be applied over all sheets before tiling, refer to the manual.