- CSR Gyprock
Gyprock® offers a range of jointing systems and products to suit all plasterboard applications.
Since the development of Gyprock’s legendary GB175 in 1968 at our Concord factory in NSW – better known as Base Coat 45, Gyprock has consistently delivered advanced jointing products for the Australian building market.
Jointing systems fall into two broad categories, Professional and All-purpose. Both will produce an excellent finish ready for sealing and painting and achieve a level 4 finish as detailed in AS/NZS2859 Clause 6.6.
Typically a Professional system uses a combination of two base coats and a topping compound to create a quality and high performance joint. An All-purpose system uses three coats of a single product for a convenient and strong joint, often the preferred choice for smaller jobs or DIY.
Good Environmental Choice Australia
All Gyprock jointing products exceed the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) specification for Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) content and the majority have been accredited by GECA as a better environmental choice.
Test certificates and GECA certificates are available from the Gyprock website.
Gyprock Base Coats
The Gyprock range of standard Base Coats are all products which 'set' through a chemical reaction rather than dry through evaporation of water. This results in stronger joints with controlled working times after mixing. The specialist Wet Area Base Coat is a premixed drying type compound.
- Gyprock Base Coat 20 – a fast setting joint compound also suitable for patching holes and defects in interior surfaces of plasterboard, fibre cement, timber or masonry
- Gyprock Base Coat 45 – a defined working life of approximately 45 minutes after mixing
- Gyprock Base Coat 60 – a defined working life of approximately 60 minutes after mixing
- Gyprock Base Coat 90 – a defined working life of approximately 90 minutes after mixing. This allows for the mixing of larger gauges for more extensive projects
- Gyprock Wet Area Base Coat – a moisture resistant base compound used for the first and second coat in a three coat plasterboard jointing system in wet areas.
Gyprock Topping Compounds
Gyprock offers a range of topping compounds with different weights. The lightweight products provide excellent coverage and are particularly suited to machine application while the heavyweight compounds are ideal for hand application and renovation work over existing plasterboard. They are all compounds that dry through evaporation.
- Gyprock Ultra-Top™ – a premium, lightweight topping compound that is ultra-light to mix and apply, ultra-creamy for excellent spreadability and ultra-easy to sand for an ultra-smooth finish
- Gyprock Easy-Finish™ – a semi-lightweight topping compound suitable for use with any Gyprock Base Coat or All-purpose compound
- Gyprock Jointmaster™ – a heavyweight topping compound used as a top coat in a three coat plasterboard jointing system.
Gyprock All-purpose Compounds
Gyprock’s range of all-purpose compounds can be used for all three coats in the jointing system. These are specially formulated to combine the strength of a base coat with the fine finish of a topping compound. They are all compounds that dry through evaporation.
- Gyprock Ultra-AP™ – our most premium lightweight all-purpose compound available in a pre-mixed form
- Gyprock® Total Coat-Lite – a lightweight all-purpose compound available in both dry powder and pre-mixed forms
- Gyprock Easy-Flow™ – a lightweight all-purpose compound available in a pre-mixed form
- Gyprock® Pre-Mixed Total Joint Cement – a heavyweight all-purpose compound available in a pre-mixed form.
For further details on specific products, including datasheets, visit the Gyprock website.
Request more information
For brochures, pricing, samples, technical specs and more, contact the supplier directly or use the form below.