Buildings should be designed to work with nature, rather than sealing up and fighting against it. Altair Louvre Windows allow air conditioning and lights to be turned off, while maximising natural ventilation through:
- The whole window area as they open twice as wide as other window types.
- No matter which direction the wind is blowing.
- Large or unusually shaped window spaces.
- Internal windows further cool and refresh the building.
- The Altair Powerlouvre integrated into building management systems open / close louvres based on current weather conditions.
Altair Louvres are energy rated in accordance with WERS and offer a variety of glazing options to suit Australian climatic conditions.
Altair Louvres can achieve low Solar Heat Gain Coefficients when using glass blades. Alternatively timber or aluminium blades completely block out sunlight while still allowing maximum ventilation through the window.
Altair Louvres seal 50% tighter than the standard required for residential windows and are rated for use in cyclonic areas.
Single glazed Altair Louvres with Low E coatings achieve good U-values that are better than many double glazed windows. In extremely cold climates, louvre-fixed lite-louvre combination windows are a good way to achieve good ventilation and very low U-values.