Ecoblend environmentally friendly blended cements
- Independent Cement and Lime
Ecoblend products offer all the advantages of a cement based binder with the added feature of being an environmentally friendly cement blend. Ecoblend products contain a minimum of 30% supplementary cementitious materials (slag or flyash), which are generally waste products of other manufacturing processes, as a direct replacement for high greenhouse gas emitting cement.
Ecoblend products also offer increased durability or longer life, particularly in adverse environments, over traditional cementitious products. ICL’s Ecoblend, Australian Builders (Type GB) and Steel Cement has achieved the Good Environmental Choice declaration, offered by Australian Environmental Labelling Association Inc (AELA). Ecoblend has also received 3rd party accreditation to ISO 14024 ‘Environmental Product Declaration’.
- The Ecoblend range of blended cements conforms to AS 3972 Type GB General and Special Purpose Cement.
- Independent Cement and Lime’s specialised blending facilities provide consistent, homogeneous cement products with predictable performance characteristics.
- Continual blend analysis ensures tight controls on quality.
- Quality Assurance to AS/NZS ISO 9001.
- Reduced CO2 Emissions.
- Reduced demand for virgin limestone resource.
- Energy resources saved - less requirement to burn fossil fuels.
- Lower embodied energy and extended structural life.
- Higher ultimate strengths, increased durability – chloride and sulphate resistance increased, lower heat of hydration, enhanced workability – both concrete and stabilisation products, protection against AAR, efficient hydration at higher strengths, self-compacting abilities increased and dye and pigments more readily accepted.
Ecoblend complements these significant environmental advantages with its superior technical qualities without adverse cost implications.
Request more information
For brochures, pricing, samples, technical specs and more, contact the supplier directly or use the form below.