Double Wall precast concrete
- Austral Precast
Precast elements facilitating monolithic construction. Austral Precast Double Wall consists of a pair of precast reinforced concrete shells connected by a lattice girder (trusses) fabricated from reinforcement bar, forming a cavity. Characterised by its reduced weight, Double Wall enables greater savings in installation costs and time while adding monolithic design advantages to the many other construction advantages the Austral Precast whole of structure offer brings.
- Achieves incredible on-site time and cost savings because the entire structure, walls, floors and shafts are cast simultaneously
- Is an excellent solution for any load bearing wall including: basements, shafts, core walls, and other functional walls
- Double Wall is custom designed, the overall wall thickness can vary between 200 mm to 400 mm depending on the structure and applied loads
- Double Wall will form a solid concrete structure after the cavity is filled with premixed concrete
- Installation efficiency is achieved due to relatively large and light weight panels, the enhanced jointing method, removing the need for caulking, welding and formwork
- Both surfaces of the Double Wall panel achieve an off form finish
- Crane load capacity can be reduced due to the reduced weight of the hollow wall
- Joins to create a monolithic structure eliminating joints and wet joints. Ideal for cores, shear walls and basements.