Solutions for large-format printing from virtually anywhere
HP today unveiled the industry’s first wireless web-connected, entry-level printing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) students and professionals, making in-house, large-format printing accessible to more users.
Delivering large-format printing through the cloud from virtually anywhere,(1) the new HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter series provide on-the-go professionals with simple and affordable printing solutions. The compact, 24-inch HP Designjet T120 ePrinter series is ideal for students and freelancers, while the 24- and 36-inch HP Designjet T520 ePrinter series is designed for small AEC teams in need of fast, professional printing.
HP also announced the second generation of its free web service for AEC professionals, HP Designjet ePrint & Share, which makes it easy to access and print large-format documents using an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone, a laptop or ePrinter touch screen.(1,2)
“The economic environment has increased the number of freelancers and small studios, shortened project turnaround times and requires AEC workers to be highly mobile, spending more than 50 percent of their time out of the office,” said Ben Ho, Country Manager, Large-format Printing Business, HP South Pacific. “The expanded HP Designjet portfolio helps our customers stay connected wherever the job takes them and allows first-time, large-format buyers to easily and affordably bring their printing needs in house.”
“AEC workgroups need printing solutions that can handle a dynamic, collaborative work flow, allowing users to easily access, share and print important design content. HP’s new large-format printing solutions meet the evolving needs of our customers around the world, providing the connectivity, flexibility and efficiency today’s businesses require,” added Ho.
Solutions bring large-format printing in house for customers
The smallest printer in its class, with a footprint of only 98.7 cm, the HP Designjet T120 ePrinter offers the benefits of two printers in one with a built-in B+/A3 tray and convenient front-loading roll. The printer’s intuitive, full-colour touch screen simplifies in-house printing and navigation for those new to large format. HP inks produce high-quality output with rich colours and sharp lines reaching 0.04 mm minimum line width.
Available in 24- or 36-inch models, the HP Designjet T520 ePrinter improves processing power and offers twice the speed and resolution of its predecessor.(3) With 1 GB RAM and HP-GL/2 technology, the HP Designjet T520 ePrinter operates at up to 35 seconds per D/A1 print. Original HP inks and long-life printheads achieve accurate lines reaching 0.02 mm minimum line width and sharp details with up to 2,400 dots per inch (dpi) resolution for fast, professional results in house.
The HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinters are the only large-format printers available with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, so users can install the printer where it is most convenient.(4) True print previews from the new HP Designjet driver ensure accurate prints on the first try, resulting in time and cost savings when printing from a computer.
HP Designjet ePrint & Share makes remote printing easier than ever
The HP Designjet ePrinter portfolio features mobile access and printing of large-format plans using HP Designjet ePrint & Share.(1) Available through a desktop web browser, mobile application or the touch screen of web-connected HP Designjet printers,(2) the latest version of HP Designjet ePrint & Share offers:
- The ability to email projects to an HP Designjet ePrinter for printing.(1) Users simply attach a PDF or other print-ready file to an email and send it to the ePrinter’s dedicated address.
- Automatic, secure online print history through the new HP Designjet driver. With the online print history, users have access to their latest drawings and the ability to zoom in and reprint an exact copy in just a few clicks.(1)
- Convenient file sharing using an automatically generated hyperlink for one-click access to any file in the print history. (1)
- Access to all FTP sites in one place. Users can access multiple FTP sites in one interface with one login, making it easy to view and print files when and where needed.(1)
Award-winning printing portfolio
These new products extend HP’s Designjet award-winning portfolio for the AEC community, which includes the HP Designjet T790 PostScript ePrinter. A plug-and-play web-connected device, which provides the AEC community with the ability to easily access, share and print large-format documents, the HP Designjet T790 PostScript ePrinter delivers reliability, professional PANTONE emulation and direct printing via USB port. It also enables users to preview, print and scan directly to the web without using a computer and features HP ePrint & Share, a printing and sharing tool that allows designers in the AEC industry to easily locate and access large-format plans on the cloud.(1)
(1) Requires an HP Designjet ePrint & Share account, internet connection to the printer and connected internet-capable device. When using the HP Designjet ePrint & Share mobile app, a compatible Apple iOS or Android device and internet connection are required. Data or connection charges may apply. Print times may vary. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare.
(2) Access to HP ePrint & Share from the touch screen of the HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinters is expected to be available by the end of 2012.
(3) Compared to the HP Designjet 510 Printer.
(4) Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.