Precast + Safety: Designing for Safety Using the National Code
Precast + Safety: Designing for Safety Using the National Code is a half day (3.5 hours) workshop aimed at educating the construction industry on the National Code of Practice for Precast, Tilt-up and Concrete Elements in Building Construction.
Attendees will receive a copy of the National Code, workbook and learn how to:
- Plan for the erection design of a building using precast elements;
- Identify the responsibilities and accountabilities of all people involved in the planning process and erecting of precast elements safely from design through to erection;
- Analyze risks and issues in erection design, planning and construction stages; Recognise the importance of safe handling of precast concrete from the factory, transportation to the building site and on-site installation;
- and Identify documentation and legislation that is essential in the erection design and construction phases.
Peter Webb is the Marketing and Education Manager for National Precast Concrete Association Australia and has worked in the precast industry for over 25 years attaining an enormous wealth of knowledge and experience.
Pauline Butler (GradCertVET) is the Principal Consultant of Butler’s Training Services and has over 12 years' experience in Vocational Education and Training (VET), delivering programs from Certificate II through to Diploma level.
- Duty holder responsibilites
- Erection Process including: Planning consideration; Safe Work Method Statements; Erection of Elements; Bracing and propping; Installation, erection and removal of temporary bracing; Superimposed load; Levelling pads & shims
Cost: (GST inclusive)
$120 per person (National Precast Members) $170 per person (MBA, CIA, EA, AIB, NBPR & CoB Members) $230 per person (Others)
- Adelaide – 5 May 2010
- Hobart – 12 May 2010
- Perth – 19 May 2010
- Brisbane – 2 June 2010
- Melbourne – 9 June 2010
- Sydney – 16 June 2010
For more information call Rachel Parsons on (08) 8178 0255, email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Precast Concrete Association promotes the Australian precast concrete industry with publications, Find-A-Supplier service, seminars and tech support.Learn more