PARKROYAL on Pickering – apaiser's eco-sensitive bathrooms
PARKROYAL on Pickering, Singapore's first hotel-in-a-garden hotel, by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, is a 367 room hotel on the edge of Singapore’s Central Business District, which features large balconies and terraces covered in 15,000 square metres of tropical plants and incorporates energy-saving features throughout the property. The entire building is living and breathing and exemplifies a new level of breathing architecture supporting its own ecosystem.
In a reflection of the outstanding eco-credentials and unrivalled customisation capability, apaiser stone bathware was handpicked to supply its stunning reclaimed marble bathware in each of the eco-sensitive modern bathrooms.
apaiser is an award winning Australian international bathware designer and manufacturer specialising in hand finished stone composite bathware that is synonymous with luxury and renowned for its natural organic feel and sculptural lines. The sustainable project design inspiration for PARKROYAL on Pickering came from rock formations and the result is an organic inspiration.
apaiser is committed to manufacturing a range of luxury stone bathware which not only looks beautiful, but is also sympathetic to, and impacts benignly on the environment and the synergy with this award winning design by WOHA is evident.
The hotel rooms themselves are more simple in design than the exterior, however the layout of each one is unique and designed in relation to the garden outside. Only two rooms per floor look across the back of the building; the remainder enjoy views of the hotel’s own gardens or of the city to the north-west and south-east. The luxury bathrooms also have an outlook, positioned behind the façade or, for the lower grades, stealing glimpses across the room via wide sliding dividers. apaiser’s customisation and design flexibility enabled the designer to create unique shapes and forms that differentiate each of the 367 contemporary bathrooms.
Strategically located at the key gateways to Singapore’s central business district, Hong Lim Park and bustling Chinatown, the 367 room property provides an urban oasis in downtown Singapore, with convenient access to waterfront entertainment and dining options along the Singapore River as well as cultural gems across the island.
PARKROYAL on Pickering – awards and accolades
- Solar Pioneer Award 2011 by Singapore’s Economic Development Board
- Green Mark Platinum Award 2012 by Singapore’s Building and Construction
- Hotel of the Year by the World Architecture News (WAN) Awards 2013
- INSIDE Awards by the World Architecture Festival 2013
- Best Hotel Architecture Design 2013 by The South East Asia Property Awards
- Best Adoption of Luxury and Sustainability Ideas (Gold Medal Award) by the Hospitality Design Furniture Luxurious Projects Asia Awards 2013
- International Hotel and Property Awards by Design Et Al 2013
- FIABCI Singapore Property Awards 2013 (Hotel category) by The International Real Estate Federation
- Sustainable Project Design Award, Reggie Shiu Development of the Year
- Sustainable Hotel 2013 by the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP)
- Highly Commended (Greening Development) category by The South East Asia Property Awards
- Outstanding Award, Skyrise Greenery Awards 2013 by Singapore’s National Parks Board (NParks)
Bathroom designer and manufacturer apaiser produces unique, handcrafted, reclaimed marble stone composite bathware including baths, basins and vanities.Learn more